This example uses Insight v5.5.
To illustrate, refer to this figure which displays the total revenue by year (2012-2014). Only 2013 has all four quarters to report on, hence four blocks in its line.
This chart allows for drill-down by quarter:
Now let's convert the numbers to percentages.
We accomplish this in the view's Wizard under the Data tab using Transform / Filters and setting the Display property to Percent of Total:
Click OK and view the chart now:
Though we now see the percentages, they are based on the overall range of the chart as shown by the ten blocks. This is the default behavior.
When there is a need to reflect each column's percentage on an independent 100 percent scale, a custom format must be created and implemented for this view.
- From Formats and Themes, create a custom label format.
- Edit the Stacked Bar 100%'s (or whichever chart you are using) from 'Format' to 'PercentResult'.
- In Studio, refresh the project so that the new label is loaded (close and reopen will do this). Select the view that contains the chart.
- From the Property Panel, under Appearance, set Label Format Name to the newly created label.
- The chart should now reflect the totals independent of the other years: