How can I fix the error:
"Can't load ODP.NET Provider"
when trying to connect to KAFC_ADMIN Oracle database in Insight Installation Manager?
Driver hasn’t been properly installed, for example a .dll file was not registered during the installation.
- An uninstall of all Oracle ODAC components:
- Run the installation wizard again
- Click on “Deinstall Product…”
- Select the Oracle home to remove, take note of the folder’s location, you’ll need it later
- can be ODAC64 or ODAC32, and click on “Remove”
- When prompted if you wish to delete the folders, choose the option to delete.
- The close and cancel the installation
- Repeat this for the 32 bits if you started with 64 bits, or otherwise.
- Once you have done this, access the folders in which this was installed, and delete the folders manually
- Next, open the folder “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32” and delete the following subfolders:
- Repeat this for the folder “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_34” (same subfolders to delete)
- Open the folder “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL”, and delete the folder “Oracle.ManagedDataAccess”
- Now open the registry editor and delete the following keys, sub-keys and values
- Restart the server
- And proceed with the installation of ODAC 32 and ODAC 64 as per described previously. Make sure to make them point to different software location, The “Home Base” can be the same.
- Reboot the server after the installation of each ODAC driver
Level of Complexity