Question / Problem:
This error displays after upgrading Insight and attempting to upgrade a project (including Kofax Analytics products).
Answer / Solution:
- This issue can occur if ODP.Net is lower than 19c on the Insight server. Only the 64-bit ODP.Net provider is required.
- As documented in Insight's Installation Guide for v6.3 and newer, use ODP.Net 19c driver for Oracle 19c installations and follow the steps documented to register the library at the machine level.
- ODP.Net is the only component required for Insight - do not install the entire ODAC package, rather, select just ODP.Net from the list of options.
- It is also advised to remove older drivers and confirming the un-install of 32- and 64-bit ODP.Net libraries from .Net's Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
- This can be done by searching as follows from an administrative CMD prompt in the Windows directory: DIR Oracle.DataAcccess*.dll /s /p
- The common symptom in this case is an error when attempting to upgrade the project database from Admin or Studio: "Project <ProjectName> is the incorrect database version"