Question / Problem:
Cannot install the KAFC 2.1 WFA on the KC server. receiving the following error message:
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected...Action RegisterSetup, location: D:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\Bin\, command: cmd /c RegAscCM.exe /f Kofax.Analytics.Capture.Setup.AEX.
Answer / Solution:
This error may be caused by a known issue. The user will see the error message when they attempt to install the Kofax Analytics for Capture 2.1 Workflow Agent for use with Kofax Capture 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 or 10.0.2.x. A work around is provided in the KofaxAnalyticsForCaptureReleaseNotes_2.1.0_EN.PDF file.
Follow these steps to install the Workflow Agent successfully:
1. Verify that .NET Framework 4.0 or later is installed.
2. In the Kofax Capture Bin folder, do one of the following, as applicable:
- Use a text editor to create a file named RegAscCM.exe.config, and save it with the proper file
- Edit RegAscCM.exe.config if it already exists.
The Kofax Capture Bin folder is typically one of the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\Bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServLib\Bin
3. Add or modify the following contents in RegAscCM.exe.config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
<legacyCasPolicy enabled="true" />
4. Run the Workflow Agent installer as described in "Install the Workflow Agent" in the Administrator's