QAID # 10931 Published
Question / Problem:
I am unable to open the Administration module, receiving the following error message:
“Kofax Capture Administration has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
How can I resolve this?
Answer / Solution:
This message can occur when the Kofax Capture and Kofax VRS installation folders are not specified in the Path Environmental Variable.
To verify if this is the case, please do the following:
- Open a DOS Command Prompt. (Start ¦ Run ¦ enter “cmd”)
- Type “path” (no quotes) at the Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Check to see if Install_Path\Kofax\Bin or \ServLib\Bin and Install_Path\ImgCtls\Bin are in the Path.
Notes: <Install_Path> will vary depending on Capture version and type of installation. Server location is \ServLib\Bin and Standalone location is <Install_Path>\Ascent\Bin.
Path folder locations are separated by a semi-colon.
PROGRA~1 may be substituted for Program Files.
To add <Install_Path>\ServLib\Bin and <Install_Path>\ImgCtls\Bin to the Path Environment Variable:
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties.
- Left-click on the Advanced Tab.
- Left-click on Environment Variables.
- Scroll under System Variables and left-click Path to highlight.
- Left-click on Edit.
- Add the fully qualified path to \Kofax\Bin or \ServLib\Bin and \ImgCtls\Bin to the path string separated by a semi-colon.
- Click on OK in the Edit System Variable dialog.
- Click on OK in the Environment Variables dialog.
- Click on OK in the System Properties dialog.
Note: It is not necessary to reboot for these changes to take effect.