QAID # 7863 Published
Question / Problem:
What is Single Document Batch Processing, and how do I enable it?
Answer / Solution:
Ascent can be configured to automatically separate images into documents during the scan or import process. When enabled, the Single Document Batch Processing feature will cause the system to create a new batch, as each document is created, to contain that document.
The basic flow that Ascent Capture will follow internally is as follows:
- Scan or import page.
- Detect new document.
- Cache batch class, batch priority, batch description, and batch field values of the active batch.
- Close the active batch.
- Create a new batch using cached batch class and set priority, description, and batch fields to cached values.
- Repeat until the input is exhausted.
To enable Single Document Batch Processing for a batch class:
- Open the Administration module.
- Right-click on the batch class (or create a new one) that you want to enable this for, and select Properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Set the option to Process documents as individual batches.
- Click the OK button.
- Publish the batch class.