QAID # 8791 Published
Question / Problem:
How can I resolve a
“ Kdolib: Error closing data reader: Index was out of range. Must be non- negative and less than the size of the collection”
error when creating a Batch?
Answer / Solution:
You may receive a
" Kdolib: Error closing data reader: Index was out of range. Must be non- negative and less than the size of the collection”
error when creating a Batch if you have corruption on your database files. This error can also occur if you have Batch database (.mdb) files left over on a client station that failed to get deleted when a previous batch was closed.
- Shut down all Ascent Capture modules and services.
- On the server, go to Start ¦ Run ¦ dbutil.exe.
- On the Repair and Compact tab, choose ‘Select All’
- Choose ‘Repair’. When the repair is finished, choose ‘Compact’.
- After the compact is finished, close dbutil.exe and reboot the server.
When the server comes back up, try creating a new Batch on the station that initially reported the error.
If the error still persists, continue with the steps below:
- On the station reporting the error, close all Ascent modules and services.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\Ascent\BatchDB.
- If there are any .mdb files listed here, delete them.
- Reboot the workstation and try again.