How can a Kofax Capture database be easily checked for exclusive connectivity prior to installing a service or fix pack?
An easy method for checking whether or not an exclusive connection to the Kofax Capture database can be made prior to installing a service or fix pack is outlined in the following steps:
- Open the Capture Database Utility by running
- Click on the Repair/Compact tab.
- Select the Capture database to highlight it.
- Click on the Repair button. This requires exclusive access to run as well. If it is successful, it will finish without any prompts. If it fails and there are Capture modules open, it will list the machine name and module name where the module is running.
- Navigate to the machine that is listed and close the listed modules/services.
- If the only item returned is a reference to a SQL Exception, it indicates that there is a connection on the SQL Server itself that has an open connection to the Capture database. This could be a Capture service or module or possibly a third-party utility, such as a backup utility, that is unrelated to Kofax. The help of a DBA may be required to diagnose the active database.
- Kill any open connections to the Capture database.
- Once all connections are closed, try running the Repair option again to verify that it runs successfully.
- Run the service/fix pack installation again.
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3046091