QAID # 11752 Published
Question / Problem:
Can DBUtil be used to migrate an existing Oracle database to a new server?
Answer / Solution:
Yes. Enter the new instance, database name and password, then click Apply. DBUtil will migrate to the new instance.
- This process will delete the original Oracle database. Make a backup first.
- It is required to process all existing Batches out of the system.
- Export all Batch Classes and confirm that you have backups of any customizations, Release Scripts, etc.
- Temporarily disable the Kofax Capture Network Service. Please see QAID 2262. This will prevent Remote Sites from updating the database.
- Verify that all users are logged out of Kofax Capture and will remain logged out until the process is complete.
- Update the ORACLE_HOME setting in ODAC to point to the new Oracle server.
Keywords: Move Oracle, Move Database