QAID # 22079 Published
Question / Problem:
Can DBUtil be used to migrate an existing SQL Server database to a new SQL Server instance?
Answer / Solution:
Yes. Enter the new instance, database name and password, and then click Apply. DBUtil will migrate to the new instance.
- This process will delete the original SQL Server Database. Make a backup first.
- It is required to process all existing Batches out of the system.
- Temporarily disable the KCN Service if it is being used (Kofax Capture Network Service). This will prevent Remote Sites from updating the database.
- Verify that all users are logged out of Capture and will remain logged out until the process is completed.
- An Enterprise license is required when migrating to SQL Server Enterprise Edition, DB2 or Oracle. Migrating to SQL Server Standard or another Express instance does not require an Enterprise license.