QAID # 14842 Published
Question / Problem:
I am receiving the following error message from all modules except the License Utility:
 KdoLib: Network I/O error.: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (233)
How can I resolve this issue?
Answer / Solution:
This error can be caused if SQL Server or SQL Server Express is installed separately from Capture without enabling the TCP/IP or Named Pipes protocols. By default, these are disabled.
To resolve this issue, perform the following:
- Click Start ¦ Programs ¦ Microsoft SQL Server ¦ Configuration Tools.
- Select SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- In the left pane, expand the SQL Server Network Configuration entry.
- Below that entry, select Protocols for <Instance_Name>, e.g.
- In the right pane, right-click to enable both TCP/IP and Named Pipes.