QAID # 19930 Published
Question / Problem:
How to use APP-V with supported Kofax Capture Modules
Answer / Solution:
Please note that currently only the following KC/KTM modules are supported with Microsoft APP-V Sequencer 5.0 Service Pack 2 Hotfix 4 and APP-V Client 5.0 Service Pack 2 Hotfix 5:
- Kofax Capture 10.1 Service Pack 1:
- Kofax Capture Batch Manager
- Kofax Capture Quality Control
- Kofax Transformation Modules 6.0 Service Pack 2:
- Kofax Transformation Modules Document Review Thick Client
- Kofax Transformation Modules Validation Thick Client (all steps)
- Kofax Transformation Modules Verification Thick Client
Other Kofax Capture modules are currently not supported at this time.
Prerequisites are required before being able to make use of a KC/KTM environment in APP-V:
- Latest version of App-V 5.0 Sequencer, including the most recent hotfixes.
Currently, the latest is v5.0 SP2 Hotfix 4, which is available at:
Hotfix Package 4 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2.
- App-V Client 5.0 SP2 and Hotfix 5.
You can download the client from MSDN.
The Hotfix is important because it solves a product failure, and is available at:
Hotfix Package 5 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0 Service Pack 2.
- For more information about prerequisites, see the following Microsoft documentation:
App-V 5.0 Prerequisites.
How to install Kofax Capture, Kofax Transformation Modules in an APP-V environment
Installation – Creating the Package
- Start with a clean operating system.
This step is critical. You must use an operating system on which Kofax software has never been previously installed. If Kofax software previously existed and was uninstalled, this requirement is not satisfied.
- Install the App-V Sequencer on the clean system.
- Create a
.regfile on the operating system with the following content:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Run the sequencer and select Create a New Virtual Application Package.
- Select Create Package (default).
- Select Standard Application.
- For the installer, browse to KC setup.exe.
- Enter a name for the package (such as Kofax Apps).
- In the primary folder, enter :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax
Note: As the sequencer runs the Kofax Capture setup and installation, keep the sequencer wizard open.
- When the installation is completed, return to the sequencer and select Run.
- Select KTM setup.exe and proceed with the Kofax Transformation Modules installation.
- When the installation is completed, return to the sequencer.
- Select Run again.
- Select the Registry file created in Step 3, and confirm the Registry changes.
- Select I am finished installing.
- Proceed with the wizard until the package is created.
- Share the folder where the package is created.
How to deploy APP-V package after installation
Installation – Deploying the Package
After installing the full App-V infrastructure, you can use a Web interface to publish and deploy the package.
However, for a single installation, it is easier to use PowerShell:
- Install the App-V 5.0 Client.
- Open PowerShell and add the package by entering:
$KofaxPkg = Add-AppvClientPackage \\appvpackages\kofaxapps.appv
- Publish the package by entering:
The Kofax applications should now appear on the Start menu.