How can I test Kofax Capture Network Server web server using a Web browser?
The following URL has various parameters that can be used for troubleshooting purposes:
where <host> = the Web server name or IP Address for Kofax Capture Network Server
The parameters are represented by the following:
- This returns information that indicates whether ASP.NET is properly registered with MS IIS
- This returns the KCN service(s) that are installed. If multiple services are installed, they will be cycled through as the page is refreshed.
- This returns the folder cache internal identification number. The expected value is ‘0’. If there are multiple cache folders, they will be cycled through as the page is refreshed. For example, if there are three folders, ‘0’ will be displayed in the browser, then ‘1’, and then ‘2’ as the page is refreshed.
- This returns the version of the Web server to determine compatibility
- Uses the IIS worker thread credentials to write a file to the Upload folders
When these URL’s fail to load or give proper response codes as expected, the Kofax Capture Network Server web server configuration or installation issues could be indicated and need to be investigated further.
Note: When SSL is enabled, the above URL would include https in place of http, as in:
config.acis? commands are handled by the Kofax Capture Network Server configured web Server component, running on the Web Server machine, and not by the Kofax Capture Network Service.
config=cache command reads the web.config file to determine the number of the file cache folders configured in IIS. Then it validates the path and returns the next available file cache folder.
config=service returns the next available Kofax Capture Network Service. The Kofax Capture Network Service web server component reads the flag files written by the Kofax Capture Network Services in the file cache folders and finds the next available and valid service, which is then returning its location. This test performs a read in the KCNS\Services folder to find the servers that are configured with the KCN service.
config=debug command returns useful information about the current HTTP connection and ASP.NET settings.
Sample output of the various commands:
- Connection Limit: 2147483647
- ConnectionName: http
- CurrentConnections: 0
- IdleSince: 7/7/2021 1:41:30 PM
- MaxIdleTime: 100000
- ProtocolVersion: 1.1
- SupportsPipelining: True
- ThreadPool.GetMaxThreads: Worker 32767 CompletionPort 1000
- ThreadPool.GetAvailableThreads: Worker 32766 CompletionPort 1000
- Current User: Current Windows identity: domain\Administrator
- ACI Server component version: 126.96.36.199.0.459
- Current user account: domain\Administrator
- Write test successful for all file caches.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Capture Network Server||11.x|
Article # 3031072