Steps to activate the license for a backup license server.
To configure a backup license server:
- Ensure that the license on the primary server has already been activated (this should have happened when you installed Kofax Capture / Ascent Capture).
- Install a Capture Workstation on a second (or additional) computer.
- Install/attach the backup license server’s hardware dongle.
- Run ACLicSrvCfg.exe (to install the license service) from \Bin\ACLicSrvCfg.exe.
- Leave the default user set to Local System and click the OK button.
- The utility starts the service, and then checks to see if the service is running properly.
- To activate the backup server license, invoke the license utility by opening a command prompt and running the following command that will cause it to connect to the backup license server service:
<Kofax Capture installation folder>\Bin\KSALicenseUtility.exe /S <ServerName>
For example, to run the License Utility against the license server named LicBackup, you might use the following command:
...\Bin\KSALicenseUtility.exe /S LicBackup
Once the License Utility dialog opens, you should see the backup license dongle serial number and backup license server name in the bottom information bar.
- Follow the steps in the License Utility to activate the license.
|NOTE: If you are also using KCN / ACI Server on this computer, a different user is necessary. This user must have access to the folder specified for the licensing service, as well as to the needed ACI Service resources.|
Level of Complexity