Is it possible to replace the sample images from a CAB file?
CAB file are files created in Kofax Administration of the Exported Batch Classes. The CAB file is a compress file that can be edited.
1- You cab unpack the old batch class and remove the old sample images and replace them. The CAB file is a archive file from Kofax so you will need to use the proper tools
In order to remove the space this is what you need to do:
- Expand the "BatchClasssample.cab" using Winzip or 7-Zip
- It should look like the following image
- Once Expanded go then go to the "Samples" folder and replace the image
- After to archive the file you will need to use Kofax Archive tool "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServLib\Bin\kfxcabar.exe"
- Open an elevated cmd and navigate to that location an do the following:
- It should create the new .CAB file with new samples
- You should able to import it with the new generic images anywhere
Also here is more detail on the Kofax tool KFXCABAR.EXE:
Usage: KfxCabAr X CABFileName Dir1 [Dir2] ...
Where X = E for expand, B for Build.
Where CABFileName is the cabnet base file name, i.e. no extension.
Dir1 is the first directory to recurse through,...
Dir2 or greater is not valid when X = E.
e.g. KfxCabAr B c:\Test\Test d:\TextExport
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3034576