Question / Problem:
When attempting to install Service pack 1 (18.104.22.168.0.646) on Capture 11 base, if the database name contains a dash, the following error occurs:
Unable to Obtain an Exclusive Database Connection
 Kdolib: Error executing SQL command
Incorrect syntax near "-"
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context
After clicking "ok" on the error, the installation of the service pack rolls back.
Answer / Solution:
This was resolved by doing the following:
• Run the setup with the /NoDb switch (KofaxCapture-11.0_Updater_En /NoDb)
• After running this command, Capture binaries should updated to 11.01.0.0.646 and database will still be on the base build.
• Look in the ERR_YYMM.log file for the location of the generated PatchDB.sql file.:
(Default is: C:\ProgramData\Kofax\CaptureSV\Logs\patchdb.sql)
• Modify the line:
USE database-name adding the brackets to display as: USE [database-name]
• Run the modified patchdb.sql in SQLCMD mode by selecting Query ¦ SQLCMD Mode in Studio.
• Upon a successful execution, the Capture database will now be updated to build: 11.01.0.0.646
• Confirm that Kofax Capture is functioning.