Question / Problem:
When a Standalone Machine is converted to a Remote Site server and the
Activate RSA button is used, then a User Account Control (UAC) login prompt could be received.
- Why is the UAC credentials prompted during
Answer / Solution:
Activate RSA button within Batch Manager launches
ACIRSA.exe and writes the ACIS Remote Synchronization Agent executable to the Startup of MSConfig.
- If the logged-in user does not have sufficient rights to that directory or, if UAC is set too sensitively, then the UAC login prompt is received.
- One-Time access rights to complete the MSConfig Startup write are needed to complete the
An alternative is to install the Remote Synchronization Agent as an unattended service:
- Launch an elevated Command Prompt.
- Pop-up received confirming successfully installed service
- Locate the ACIS Remote Synchronization Agent (ACISRSA) service properties: Set Startup Type to
- Start the ACIRSA service and reboot to test.