QAID # 17500 Published
Question / Problem:
What factors can impact the general recommendation for configuring 1 Kofax Capture Network Service for every 50 Remote Sites?
Answer / Solution:
There are many important factors that will quickly impact this recommendation.
These factors include:
- Size of Batches
- Size of Batch Classes
- Batch volume
- Workflow — More Batch transfers = more load on KCN services.
- KTM — KTM projects move with the Batch, therefore, this can dramatically impact this recommendation.
- Total number of Remote Sites
- Frequency of synchronization from all Remote Sites
- User Tracking — If enabled, will generate additional data to be uploaded at every synchronization.
- KCNS service nodes should be dedicated. Running other processes can impact throughput.
- The number of RSA services running per Remote Site
- Network — Latency can impact KCN Service throughput. The KCN Service communicates with the following components: CaptureSV, upload cache folder(s), licensing server(s), Web server(s), and the database server.
Other factors may also impact this recommendation. For sizing requirements, Kofax recommends Professional Services.
Keywords: Best Practices, Sizing, Kofax Capture Network Server, Kofax Capture Network Service