Question / Problem:
All Remote sites are receiving the following error when trying to synchronize to the Central site:
4904 Error while synchronizing batch classes 5 DOCTYPE html PUBLIC. 502 Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
Answer / Solution:
One possible resolution is to rebuild the ACIS site in the IIS server. This process includes deleting the ACIS site and the Upload folder in the IIS server and then running the AcisCfgWz.exe to rebuild it.
To delete and rebuild the KCNS components on the IIS server:
- Navigate to the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- In the left hand panel (Connections), expand the Server option
- Expand Sites
- Expand the Site that hosts the KCNS Component (this is often Default Web Site)
- Delete the KCNS Components (ACIS site and ACIUpload0)
- Run the ACIS Configuration Wizard (AcisCfgWz.exe).
- Synchronize the Remote sites.