QAID # 16035 Published
Question / Problem:
Having unplugged the network cable from the machine, and using a hardware license, I receive the following error message when opening the License Utility module:
" LicUtl: Index was outside the bounds of the array."
How can I resolve this issue?
Answer / Solution:
The Kofax licensing mechanism relies on .NET Remoting from Microsoft’s .NET Framework. For .NET Remoting to function properly, an “enabled”, not active, network connection is required. If the machine only has one Local Area Network connection and that connection is disabled (network cable unplugged),
.NET Remoting will not function. In order to work around this problem, another LAN Connection can be added to the machine.
The most common way to do this is to install the MS Loopback Adapter. For Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, the followings are steps to install MS Loopback Adapter:
- From the Command Prompt, run
hdwwiz.exe. This should launch the “Add Hardware Wizard“. Click Next.
- Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click Next.
- From the list, select Network Adapters and click Next.
- Under Manufacturers, select Microsoft and select “Microsoft Loopback Adapter” under Network Adapter and click Next. This should start the installation. Click Finish when the installation completes.
- To confirm that the Loopback Adapter is installed, go to the machine's Device Manager, expand Network Adapters and you should see that the Loopback Adapter is in fact installed.