Question / Problem:
After an upgrade of the Kofax Capture application was rolled-back to a prior version, then the Kofax License Utility does not show with any license details for System Licenses; Station Licenses; Volume Licenses; nor is the Server / Serial Number listed and; an error is received when Contacting License Server:
Unable to get license status. The license server may be down or
the network may have problems.
 SALicClent: Unable to connect to license server. The license
server may be down or the network may have problems. (Unable
to connect to the remote server)
Answer / Solution:
This issue can be caused after upgrade/downgrade of the Kofax Capture software version, when a Module.Exe.Config file has been created and contains details specific to the newer Software Version. Removal (or renaming) of the leftover file from the BIN directory is necessary to resolve the issue.
I.E. Upgrade from Kofax Capture 10.1 to Kofax Capture 10.2 and then Downgrade back to Kofax Capture 10.1 may result with a copy of ACSvc.Exe.Config with details for the Kofax Capture 10.2 Software Version.
Steps to resolve:
- Close the Kofax License Utility
- Navigate to the Kofax Capture BIN Directory (Default Location -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServLib\Bin)
- Locate the ACSvc.exe.config file
- Rename (to ACSvc.exe.config.old) or Delete the file leftover from the higher version of the software.
- Restart the Kofax Capture Service
- Relaunch the Kofax License Utility and check if the issue is resolved