QAID # 19025 Published
Question / Problem:
What is ProcDump and how can I use it to troubleshoot Capture issues?
Answer / Solution:
ProcDump is a utility whose primary purpose is monitoring an application for CPU spikes, and generating crash dumps during a spike that an administrator or developer can use to determine the cause of the spike.
Instructions for using ProcDump
- Download Procdump from the Microsoft Sysinternals download site.
- Unzip the downloaded Zip file to a local path. For example: C:\Temp
- Open a Command Prompt and change directory to the ProcDump local path folder.
- Run the following command:
procdump -e -t -ma processnamehere.exe C:\Temp
- Reproduce the problem.
- If it's a crash-related problem, a DMP file will be created in the
C:\Tempfolder. If it's a hang/memory leak-related problem, press
Ctrl + Cto end monitoring without terminating the process, and a DMP file will be created.
- If requested by Kofax Technical Support personnel, send the DMP file to Kofax Technical Support for review. Before sending, please compress the the DMP file (Zip, etc.).