QAID # 22260 Published
Question / Problem:
What are the types of issues that can occur if Kofax folders are not excluded from scanning by anti-virus, monitoring and other third-party software?
Answer / Solution:
Below is a sample list of issues that can occur, but problems are not limited to this list.
These are the most common:
- Various errors when Kofax Capture and Kofax Transformation Modules are attempting to process Batches.
- Example error message: MultiTiff File: File Not Found
- Various errors trying to launch Kofax Capture modules or services.
- Example error message: Error Message: CkfxException:0X00000101
- Random Batches failing to be processed successfully the first time, but reprocessed successfully the second time.
- Random permission-related issues (example, Anti-Virus locking files & reporting permission issues)
- Example error message:  KFRS: The system cannot find the path specified. [CopyFile(“C:\Program Files\Ascent\Local\BatchDB\<Hexadecimal Number>.mdb”)]
- Performance-related issues.
- Missing Batches or images.
- Example error message: Bad Filename Or Number, Error originally reported by Image Controls: 52 "Bad Filename Or Number
- KCNS sync-related issues.
- Corrupted Batch information.
- Fatal database error trying to open a Batch.
- Example error message:  KdoLib: Error getting mdb connection. (3343) Unrecognized database format
- Services failing to start.
- Processes or services hanging, crashing or failing to start intermittently.
- Access issues where Kofax software cannot access certain files.
The following are example error messages
Please check QAID 11948 for Best Practices in configuring Kofax folder exclusions.