Technical Support has not received enough information to move your case forward. Additional details on How-To conduct initial troubleshooting for the Kofax Capture and Add-On Products such as Kofax Import Connector, Kofax Transformation Modules, Kofax Analytics for Capture, and similar are included below:
When contacting the Kofax Technical Support team there is some initial logs and assessments of the environment that may be helpful during troubleshooting and investigation which includes the following:
1. Let us know if the problem can be duplicated. Please provide the full steps to reproduce the issue including any relevant data like:
- Print Screens of the issue or error encountered
- batch class
- sample (test) documents
- Consider using the Microsoft SysInternals Process Monitor (ProcMon) tool and provide the results of the ProcMon trace (save as .pml file and compress it afterwards).
- Instructions on how-to utilize Process Monitor are located at this link: What is Process Monitor (Procmon) and how can I use it to troubleshoot Kofax Capture issues
2. Please utilize the Kofax Log Collector Utility for gathering of the KC, KTM, KIC and many more logs on the machine where the issue is occurring and from the Primary Server.
- The link provided will download the utility to your machine
- For KTM Server and KTM Thin Client troubleshooting, consider running the attached tool
- For KIC troubleshooting, enable debug logs Enable Debug Logging in KIC - Kofax and run tool iplogcollector.zip
3. Please ensure the full product version is provided for Kofax Capture and the version of the Add-On Product (KIC, KTM, KAFC), if applicable.
- fill in the "Version Detail" support case field with installed Servicepack and Fixpacks regarding the used products
- Indicate whether there are any Hot Fixes that have been applied to the affected environment.
- Advise Technical Support if there have been any recent Operating System Updates or Security Patches applied to the environment.
Level of Complexity
Kofax Import Connector
|Kofax Transformation Modules||all|
|Kofax Analytics for Capture||2.1|