QAID # 20205 Published
Question / Problem:
After clicking the Scan button or Scan Batch button in the Kofax Capture 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, or 11.0 Scan module, there is a 10-15 second delay before the scanner actually starts to scan. This delay does not occur when scanning in the VRS Test Application/VCDemo.
Answer / Solution:
This issue is caused by a change in the way that the Kofax Capture Scan module accesses the Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) license, which causes the Scan Module to reload the VRS scan source when the Scan or Scan Batch button is clicked. A fix for this issue was introduced in Fix Pack 3 for Kofax Capture 10.0.2, and in Fix Pack 1 for Kofax Capture 10.1. The fix was released in the base versions of Kofax Capture 10.2 and 11.0. The fix must be enabled via a switch in the
To resolve this issue:
- Close all running Kofax Capture modules and services.
- Upgrade Kofax Capture 10.0 to Service Pack 2, Fix Pack 3 or higher. Or upgrade Kofax Capture 10.1 to Fix Pack 1 or higher.
- Open the following file in a text editor such as Notepad (where
<CaptureShare>is the hostname or IP address of the Capture Share):
4. Add the following line directly under the
<ACConfig> node in the
<EBCAcquisition RestoreScannerSource="0" />
5. Save the changes to the
6. Restart the Kofax Capture service.