Question / Problem:
The sort order for files whose names contains numbers are not in order when trying to file import into Kofax Capture, how can I make the files to sort in order?
Answer / Solution:
NOTE: The following steps require altering the values of the Windows Registry. All precautions should be made to back up the existing data as these changes may impact other applications on the machines where this change is made.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
- To configure the policy for all users of the computer, locate and then click the following registry key:
- To configure the policy for the current user, locate and then click the following registry key:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value
4. Type NoStrCmpLogical, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. To set the sort order that you want to use for files and folders whose names contain numerals, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
- To configure Windows to use the old method that Windows 2000 used for sorting files and folders, in the Value data box, type 1, and the click OK.
- To configure current default Windows method for sorting files and folders, in the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer
The issue is File Import in Kofax Capture follow suit of the operating system after Windows XP and newer. The operating system has a way to sort the order of files as described in this article, see the following Windows' article "319827" for details: