Question / Problem:
Does Kofax Capture (KC) implement UPN (UserPrincipalName) lookup when authenticating linked users for Single Sign On (SSO)?
Answer / Solution:
Yes. UPN Lookup has been implemented since KC 10 Service Pack (SP) 2 Fix Pack (FP) 1. In KC 10 SP2 FP2, there is an option to disable UPN which is to add a new environment variable,
KCDisableUserPrinciple, and set it to
In some cases, disabling UPN lookup can improve the performance when authenticating linked users for SSO.
Enter How to here:
- Stop any Kofax services (modules) that are running on the system.
- Open System Properties (Right-click on Computer or My Computer and select Properties, then select Advanced System Settings).
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- KCDisableUserPrinciple and set it to True.
- Start any Kofax Capture services stopped in Step 1.