Cannot install Kofax Capture, receiving error msg "Unable to install batch catalog server(1)."
Database from another version of Kofax Capture was not removed.
The old installation of Kofax Capture had to be uninstalled.
Steps for doing a clean uninstall of Kofax Capture and VRS
1. Stop anti-virus and Windows Firewall (If possible)
2. Uninstall KC FP and then SP in Program and Features/View installed updates
3. Uninstall KC Server/workstation in Programs and features
4. Make sure the SQL server and Native client are uninstalled in Programs and Feature
5. Uninstall VRS in Programs and features (Uninstall the FP and then SP1 prior to VRS 5.1)
6. Use Kofax Capture Cleanup utility to clean up Kofax files, folders, and registration keys
7. Run Kofax VRS 4.2 / 4.5 and Express 1.x / 2.x Cleanup Utility to cleanup VRS files, (this can be used for VRS 5.0 and VRS 5.1 versions)
8. Delete temp files from user who have installed KC or VRS, Users/Userxyz/AppData/local/Temp. Delete all files inside the user temp folder.
9. Check the MS SQL server folder and delete the “100” folder
10. Empty the recycle bin
11. Reboot the machine.
12. Install Kofax Capture
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3032816