When launching a Kofax Capture module on the workstation machine, I receive the following error:
"AcSbst: Kofax.acconfiguration: the network path was not found".
How can this be resolved?
Usually this error indicates access to the network share is not reachable, which can occur due different reasons. See possible solutions.
From the affected system, check that the server is reachable per network.
Open a command shell (cmd):
- ping <SERVER-Hostname>
if this does not work, check
- ping <SERVER-IP-ADDRESS>
if this gives response, the issue is a Domain Name System resolution problem. You can query the DNS response by
- nslookup <SERVER-Hostname>
If the DNS server does not respond with the IP address of the server, you can workaround by using the hosts file of Windows.
- Make a copy C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file to c:\temp
- Edit c:\temp\hosts with an editor like notepad
- Add "IP-ADDRESS HOSTNAME" of the server
- So for example: 192.168.0.1 SERVER-HOSTNAME
- Save the file and copy it via the file explorer to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and overwrite the existing file.
Retry the nslookup and ping command to the hostname and see if it respond with the correct IP-Address.
Please be aware this is a workaround and proper solution should be issued to the Domain Name System server.
Verify the access to the CaptureSV Share is possible. Open a file explorer and navigate to \\<SERVER-HOSTNAME>\CaptureSV
If access is not possible, check following actions:
- Firewall is open for ports 139 and 445 (smb share)
- Permissions are granted for the affected useraccount on local filesystem as also on the share permission settings
- Share is existing
- On the server, where the share is located, open a command shell (cmd)
- Run "net share"
- Check for the entry "CaptureSV C:\ProgramData\Kofax\CaptureSV"
Level of Complexity
Article # 3031108