When trying to run Kofax Report Viewer error displayed:
Unable to generate Module Productivity Report.
Database logon failed.
The log also shows:
2021-07-20 17:10:02, 0x00000018, 0x00000000, 0x00000069, 0x80131500, 0x00000000, D:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServLib\Bin, ReportViewer, WWOKTAVZKF04:Sess 2, 11.0.397.0, ShowReportError at offset 155 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
There is a known issue that was fixed for Bug 955533 starting in Kofax Capture 11.0 Fix Pack 1 (220.127.116.11) so you can use Report Viewer with TLS 1.2.
955533 - Request to make the ODBC driver configurable for Report Viewer.
Add the following tag to ACConfig.xml:
<ReportViewer ODBCSqlDriver="SQL Server"/>
ODBCSqlDriver has one of the following values:
- SQL Server (default)
- SQL Native Client
- SQL Server Native Client 10.0
- SQL Server Native Client 11.0
- ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server
- ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server
You would need to perform the following steps:
1. Download and install the Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server that supports TLS 1.2 from the following link:
2. Confirm a successful ODBC connection to the KC database on SQL Server was able to made using the Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server.
3. Back up the current ACConfig.xml file and add the following entry in the ACConfig.xml file:
<ReportViewer ODBCSqlDriver="ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server"/>
If using SQL Server 2017 or higher SQL Server version, then you should use ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server and the following tag:
<ReportViewer ODBCSqlDriver="ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server"/>
Afterwards, please confirm that Report Viewer is now able to generate reports using TLS 1.2.
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles