QAID # 4848 Published
Question / Problem:
How can I set a fixed zoom level between Batches, Documents and Zones?
Answer / Solution:
Retain Zoom is an option available only in the Validation and Verification modules.
When enabled, this feature allows your pan and zoom settings for the image viewer to be retained while:
- Switching pages
- Switching documents
- Opening batches
- Closing batches
Retain Zoom appears as an option in the View or context menu.
Once you enable the Retain Zoom option, your selection is retained. It is not possible to retain independent settings for the zoom options.
To enable the Retain Zoom feature
Adjust your view to the desired zoom and pan settings, then do one of the following:
- Click the View Menu and select Retain Zoom.
- Right-click on the image to display the context menu, and select Retain Zoom.
To disable the Retain Zoom feature
Do one of the following:
- Click the View Menu and clear the Retain Zoom setting.
- Right-click on the page to display the context menu, and clear the Retain Zoom setting.
Note: Retain Zoom can also be set programmatically.
Display Behavior Rules
The display behavior conforms to the following rules:
- Magnify Zone, Anchor Zones, and Pan to Zone are automatic settings; Manual Zoom disables all automatic settings.
- Any of the automatic zooming functions will take precedence over the Retain Zoom or Manual Zoom functions. Thus, if one of the automatic functions is enabled at the same time Retain Zoom is enabled, Retain Zoom will have no apparent effect unless you change pages. When changing pages, Retain Zoom will prevent the viewer from resetting to a full page view.
- If none of the automatic zooming features are enabled, Retain Zoom will take precedence over Manual Zoom.
- If only Manual Zoom is enabled, zoom settings will return to the full page view when switching fields or pages.