QAID # 18570 Published
Question / Problem:
During the installation of Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.0 or 4.1 using a new SQL Server database, the Kofax Front Office Server Database Utility successfully creates the tables, but then reports the following error:
Error executing Installation: There was an error during the import.
Answer / Solution:
This error can occur if the Kofax Front Office Server Database Utility cannot access the SQL Server database instance via its network interface. The KFS database is left in a partially installed state and must be deleted, recreated, and configured properly before the KFS installation can proceed.
To resolve this issue:
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL Server instance that contains the KFS database.
- Delete the partially installed KFS Database
- Create a new database that will be used as the KFS Database.
- Close the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Select SQL Server Services.
- Right-click SQL Server Browser and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab. If the service status is not running, click Start.
- Select the Service tab and set the Start Mode to
- Click OK to close the SQL Server Browser Properties window.
- Select SQL Server Network Configuration | Protocols.
- Right-click TCP/IP and select Enable.
- Right-click Named Pipes and select Enable.
- Close the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Proceed with the Kofax Front Office Server 4.0 or 4.1 installation.