Question / Problem:
The installation of Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.1 fails during the database installation phase with the following error message:
Import prodecure failed! There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost:8001/kofax/fs/MigrationServices that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
Answer / Solution:
This issue can occur if Kofax Front Office Server 4.1 is installed on the same system as another application that uses port 8001 (such as Kofax Import Connector). By default, the Kofax Front Office Server 4.1 Database Utility requires that port 8001 be available for initial communication with a SQL Server database.
To resolve this issue:
- Run the KFS 4.1 installer again.
- When the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog appears, DO NOT click Continue.
- Open the following file in a text editor such as Notepad:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Front Office Server 4.1\kfsService\Kofax.KFS.DatabaseUtility.exe.config
- Locate the following line in the
<endpoint address="http://localhost:8001/kofax/kfs/MigrationServices" binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="MigrationServiceImplPortBinding" contract="MigrationService.MigrationService" name="MigrationServiceImplPort"/>
- Change the port in the endpoint address to a port number that is not currently in use.
- Save the changes to
- Return to the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog and click Continue.