Question / Problem:
Attempts to log into the Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) Thin Client result in the following error:
Insufficient Thin Client licenses
KFS System license missing
Answer / Solution:
This error can occur if KFS is unable to find the Kofax Front Office Server and/or the Kofax Front Office Server Enterprise line items on the Kofax Capture license. This error could also occur when the KFS server is unable to reserve a Concurrent Station License.
To troubleshoot this issue:
- Open the Kofax License Utliity on the KFS server and make sure that the License Utility can see the Kofax Capture license. Possible reasons why the License Utility may not be able to see the Kofax Capture license include:
- The Kofax Licensing Service may not be running on the Kofax Capture Licensing server
- DNS requests from the KFS server may not be able to resolve the hostname of the Kofax Capture Licensing server
SharedLicenseServerFileUncregistry key may not be pointing to the Capture Share: KB #16198
- For other License Utility troubleshooting options, see the Kofax Capture\Licensing section of the Knowledge Base.
- Confirm that the Kofax Front Office Server and Kofax Front Office Server Enterprise line items are listed in the System Licenses section.
The Kofax Front Office Server Enterprise license line item is only required if the KFS database is on an Oracle, Oracle RAC, or SQL Server (Enterprise edition) database.
- Confirm that at least one Concurrent Station license is available. If the License Utility reports that zero Concurrent Station licenses are available, stop the KFS service and any Capture modules or services that may be running on the KFS server. Refresh the License Utility. If the License Utility still reports that zero Concurrent Station licenses are available, one must become available so the KFS server can use it.