Question / Problem:
How to collect Device Logs from a Fujitsu Multifunction Printer (MFP) device.
Answer / Solution:
Device Logs are generated by the MFP Device itself, outside of the Kofax MFP Client. Device logs often log the interactions between the Kofax MFP Client and the device's internal services, the events that occur within the device's internal processes, and communication between the device's internal processes and the KFS server. Analyzing the Device Logs alongside the Kofax MFP Client logs provides a more complete view of all the activities that occur on the MFP device.
To collect the Device Logs and Device Data file from an Fujitsu MFP device:
- Run the Fujitsu Network Scanner Admin Tool
- Enter the device's IP Address, Hostname, or Fully Qualified Domain name into the Connect to field
- Enter the Port Number and whether or not to connect using HTTPS
- Click Connect
- Enter the Username and Password of the device administrator account and click Login
- Navigate to Monitoring & Management | Status Details | System Log
- Click Download to download the System log
- Navigate to Monitoring & Management | Status Details | User Log
- Click Download to download the User log