QAID # 21656 Published
Question / Problem:
Opening the Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.x HP MFP Client on an HP Multifunction Peripheral (MFP) device results in the following error message:
Failed to retrieve configuration
Answer / Solution:
This error can occur when the Kofax HP MFP Client cannot connect to the Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.x server.
Possible causes for this inability to connect to the server include:
- The MFP device cannot resolve the hostname or Fully-Qualified Domain name of the KFS server to an IP address using the Domain Name Service (DNS).
Note: This is the most common cause of the
Failed to retrieve configurationerror on HP MFP devices.
- The KFS server is configured to communicate to the MFP device using an incorrect protocol or port.
- The MFP client is configured to communicate to the KFS server using an incorrect protocol or port.
- Windows Firewall may be blocking communication between the KFS server and the MFP device.
- A network connectivity issue or hardware firewall may be blocking communication between the KFS server and the MFP device.
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to the KFS Administration Console.
- Navigate to Settings ¦ Advanced.
- Filter for the
- Set the ProxyServer value to the IP Address of the KFS server or Proxy server.
- Set the ProxyServerProtocol to the correct protocol (either
Note: In KFS 4.1, IIS must be configured to use an SSL certificate before HTTPS can be enabled.
- If KFS has been configured to use non-standard ports, set the ProxyServerPort and ProxyServerSecurePort values to the correct ports.
- Filter for the
- Set the mfp.protocol value to the protocol that the MFP is using to listen to communications from the server (
- Set the mfp.port value to the port that the MFP device is using to listen to communications from the server.
- Set the server.protocol value to the protocol that the KFS server is using to listen for incoming communications from the MFP (
- Click Save.
- Redeploy the KFS 4.x HP MFP Client to the MFP device.