Question / Problem:
The Kofax Ricoh (Java) MFP Client icon disappears from the Ricoh Smart Operation Panel Home Screen after 10-15 minutes and the client enters the Stopped state.
Answer / Solution:
Ricoh's Java-based application framework (SDK/J) offers two communication modes for the Kofax MFP Client to utilize: "default" and "apache". By default, the version of the Kofax MFP Client that ships with KFS 4.1 uses the apache mode. However, running the Java-based Kofax MFP Client with apache mode enabled may cause the Smart Operation Panel to shut down the client after 10-15 minutes.
To resolve this issue:
- Uninstall the Kofax Ricoh MFP Client from the Ricoh MFP device.
- Log into the Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) Administration Console.
- On the Devices screen, click Download.
- Select Ricoh and click the green checkmark.
- Save the ricoh.zip package to the local PC.
- Unzip the ricoh.zip package.
- In the unzipped ricoh folder is another ricoh.zip package. Unzip that package also.
- In the unzipped ricoh subfolder, open KofaxRicohClient.dalp in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Locate the following line:
- Set the -http_client value to default:
- Save the changes to the KofaxRicohClient.dalp file
- Zip up the contents of the ricoh subfolder, recreating a zip package called ricoh.zip
- Using the Ricoh MFP device's web interface, upload the newly updated ricoh.zip file to the device and install the Kofax Ricoh MFP Client.