Question / Problem:
How to remove jobs stuck in the Pending state from the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client.
Answer / Solution:
Service Pack 1 for Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.1 introduced improved job handling in the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client, including the following features:
- The ability for the MFP user to select and cancel a Pending job from within the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client's Scan History screen
- The ability for the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client to continue to send other pending jobs in the queue to the server if it encounters a job stuck in the Pending state.
Kofax highly recommends upgrading to KFS 4.1 with Service Pack 1 and the latest Fix Pack to ensure that the user is able to take advantage of these improvements.
Prior to SP1 for KFS 4.1, a job that is stuck in the Pending state in the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client can prevent later jobs from being sent to the server, resulting in a backlog of jobs on the MFP device in the Pending state. These jobs must be removed to keep them from preventing future jobs from being sent to the server.
There are two methods for removing Pending jobs from the Kofax Lexmark MFP Device when using KFS 3.5, 4.0, or 4.1.0 (no Service Packs):
- Uninstall / reinstall the Kofax Lexmark MFP Client using the instructions in the Kofax Front Office Server Administrator's Guide for Lexmark MFPs.
- Telnet into the MFP and use the dequeue command.
To remove the pending jobs using the Telnet method:
- From any PC that can connect to the MFP, open the Command Prompt "as Administrator".
- Telnet into the MFP device using the following command, where <device ip> is the IP address of the MFP device:
telnet <device ip> 4242
The Microsoft Windows telnet Client is not installed by default in modern versions of Windows and Windows Server. To install the Microsoft Windows Telnet Client, enter the following command:
- Once the TelNet connection has been established, enter the following command:
- Note the queue.size value reported by the MFP device (example:
- Enter the following command, where <number> is the queue.size value reported by the MFP device:
- Enter the following command to close the connection to the MFP and exit TelNet: