QAID # 20307 Published
Question / Problem:
A failed job in the Ricoh Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.x or 3.x MultiFunction Printer (MFP) Client is causing a backlog of jobs in the Pending state in the Scan History screen.
How can these stuck Pending jobs be removed?
Answer / Solution:
Unfortunately, a job that is stuck in the Pending state in the Kofax MFP Client can prevent later jobs from being sent to the server, resulting in a backlog of jobs on the MFP device in the Pending state. These jobs must be removed to keep them from preventing future jobs from being sent to the server.
There are two methods for removing Pending jobs from the Ricoh MFP Device:
- Access the Ricoh MFP device's web interface and log in as an administrator.
- Navigate to Device Management ¦ Configuration ¦ Extended Features ¦ Uninstall.
- Uninstall the Kofax MFP Client.
- Reinstall the Kofax MFP Client using the instructions in the Kofax Front Office Server Administrator's Guide for Ricoh MFPs.
- From any PC that can connect to the MFP, open the Command Prompt "as administrator."
- Telnet into the MFP device using the following command, where
<device ip>is the IP address of the MFP device:
telnet <device ip> 4242
Note: The Microsoft Windows Telnet Client is not installed by default in Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and Server 2012 R2. To install the Microsoft Windows Telnet Client, enter the following command:
- Once the Telnet connection has been established, enter the following command:
- Enter the following command to close the connection to the MFP and exit Telnet: