Question / Problem:
Attempts to scan into the Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.1 Thin Client result in the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'Atalasoft.dotimage, Version=10.5.2.25252, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b02b46f7326f73b' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Answer / Solution:
This server-side error can occur during image processing if the IIS Application Pool that runs the KFS web applications is configured to enable 32-bit applications. By default, the KFS installer sets the Enable 32-bit Applications value to
False for the default application pool: KFSAppPool.
To resolve this issue:
- On the scan station, log out of the KFS Thin Client and close the browser.
- On the KFS server, open IIS Manager, navigate to Application Pools, and select KfsAppPool (if a different application pool was designated during installation, select that application pool).
- Click Stop.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Expand the General section and set Enable 32-bit Applications to
- Click OK.
- Click Start.
In Windows File Manager, navigate to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Front Office Server 4.1\bin
- If the file,
Kofax.SALicImpLib.Interop.dll, is present in the \Front Office Server 4.1\bin folder, remove it.
- In IIS Manager, start the KfsAppPool.
- On the scan station, log into the KFS Thin Client and scan the job again.
|KFS||4.1||Thin Client Scanning|