No Valid Source Found Error Installing KFS 4.3 Fix Pack
Attempts to install any Fix Pack for Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.3 result in the following error:
1706: No valid source could be found for product Kofax Front Office Server 4.3. The Windows Installer cannot continue
This issue can occur if the Kofax Front Office Server 22.214.171.124 installer or a third-party application deletes the folder containing the
Kofax Front Office Server.msi file.
To resolve this issue:
- From the KFS 4.3 installation media, run
- When the prompt appears to perform either a Repair installation or Uninstall, navigate to:
- There will be at least 3 newly-created folders with GUIDs for folder names. Locate the folder that contains the
Kofax Front Office Server.msifile and copy that entire folder to the Desktop.
The Kofax Front Office Server 4.3 installer will generate a unique GUID for the folder containing the msi file every time the folder is created. This GUID is stored in multiple locations in the Windows Registry. Therefore, backed up copies of the folder from one KFS server cannot be used to resolve this issue on another KFS server.
- In the KFS 4.3 installer, select Repair and click Next.
- Once the repair installation has completed, exit the installer and navigate back to:
- Refresh several times until all the GUID-named folders are no longer visible
- Copy the backed up \<GUID> folder from the Desktop to:
- Run the Fix Pack installer.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Front Office Server||4.3||126.96.36.199.0.3982