QAID # 17096 Published
Question / Problem:
When scanning more than 200 color pages at 600 DPI into Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) 4.x, the scan job fails and is not exported to the Destination.
Answer / Solution:
This issue can occur if it takes longer than 10 minutes for VRS to process the scan job images. The file size and number of the image files in the scan job are a major factor in the amount of time that VRS processing will require. By default, the job will time out if VRS image processing has not completed within 10 minutes. This issue has been documented in SPR 109626.
To resolve this issue:
- When scanning color images, use a resolution of 300 DPI or less.
- When scanning color images, break up the scan job into smaller scan jobs of 200 pages or less.
- Increase the amount of time that KFS will wait for VRS to complete image processing before timing out.
To increase the VRS image processing timeout value:
- Navigate to the KFS installation folder.
The default location for this folder is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Front Office Server\bin
- Make a backup copy of the
- In a text editor such as Notepad, open the
- Locate the following section:
<bindings> <netNamedPipeBinding> <binding name="KofaxNamedPipe" maxBufferPoolSize="4096000" maxBufferSize="4096000" maxReceivedMessageSize="4096000">
- Add the
receiveTimeoutsetting with the desired value between the binding
maxBufferPoolSizeas demonstrated below:
<binding name="KofaxNamedPipe" receiveTimeout="00:20:00" maxBufferPoolSize="4096000" maxBufferSize="4096000" maxReceivedMessageSize="4096000">
- Save the changes to the Kofax.KFS.VRS.config file.