Question / Problem:
What can cause some messages fail to import with the following error message logged in the KC Plug-In log?
2015-08-12 15:32:11,444 ERROR [Thread=14] [MCMessageProvider] Failed to retreive message content from server. Please check your configuration. EventID:38017
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 2467). ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
How can this issue be resolved?
Answer / Solution:
This issue can be caused by the document conversion time on larger messages taking longer than the default document conversion timeout which is set to 12000 seconds.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
1. Stop the KC Plug-In service.
2. Traverse to the Kofax.Kcs.KcImport.exe.config file located in the Program Files\Kofax\KIC-ED\KCPlugIn\Bin folder and make a backup.
3. Increase the Kofax_DocConversion_Timeout_Seconds setting from 12000 to 1200000 seconds.
4. Restart the KC Plug-In service.
5. Reprocess the messages that encountered this issue.
Note: If you increase the Kofax_DocConversion_Timeout_Seconds too high then that will cause the KC Plug-In service to use the default 12000 seconds, so you should check the KC Plug-In logs and check that the value matches the value for Kofax_DocConversion_Timeout_Seconds that was configured. If not, you will need to lower it until it matches.