QAID # 17019 Published
Question / Problem:
When the Test folder import button is selected in the Kofax Import Connector (KIC) Folder Import settings dialog, the following error occurs:
Net connection to share <Share_Path> with user <User_Name> could not be added, error 53.
Answer / Solution:
When the Test folder import button is clicked, the following six steps occur:
- A connection to the folder specified, with the account specified in the username/password fields, is made.
- A command to list the contents of the folder is made.
- A command to create a file is made.
- A command to rename and delete the file just created is made.
- A command to check folder permissions for the specified user using the
GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl()function is made.
- KIC will then disconnect from the folder.
The error indicates that during Step 5, KIC is faced with an “
Access is denied” error when running the
The error indicates that KIC could not obtain any results from the function. It does NOT indicate that the user does not have the appropriate permissions on the folder. It DOES indicate the the user account does not have appropriate permissions to run the
This error will not prevent the Folder import settings from being saved and used. It is recommend that testing be performed to ensure that appropriate functionality occurs when using the watched folder. In particular, test that files not created by the user account that KIC will use to access the watched folder can be imported from the Watch Folder.