Question / Problem:
How can I resolve an issue where the KC Plug-In service won’t start and the following error message appears in the KC Plug-In console?
Last service start-up error: Cannot start service, because there was an error initializing Kofax Capture Importer Pool.
Answer / Solution:
An observed cause for this issue is the password for the Kofax Capture user account being added in User Profiles, but the password not being set for the Kofax Capture Settings in the KC Plug-In console.
To resolve this issue:
- Start the Kofax Capture Administration module from the Kofax Capture group in the Windows Start menu.
- On the menu, select Electronic Documents ¦ Configuration.
- On the Assistance Tasks menu, select Kofax Capture Settings.
- Specify the parameters User ID and Password for the Kofax Capture user account. Click Test credentials to verify that you can successfully connect.
- Click on Restart Service.
The KC Plug-In console should now state "Service is running."