Question / Problem:
What are the services and some of the processes utilized by Kofax Import Connector?
Answer / Solution:
Kofax Import Connector utilizes the following 2 services:
1. Kofax Message Connector (KIC 2.5 and higher KIC versions)
Kofax import Connector - Electronic Documents - Message Connector (KIC 2.4 and lower KIC versions)
2. Kofax import Connector - Electronic Documents - KC Plug-In
Below are some of the processes that are utilized by the KC Plug-In service:
Below are some of the processes that are utilized by the Message Connector service:
1. Some of the processes that are utilized by the Message Connector service depends on what type of import connector is configured.
For example, if Folder Import was configured then the MC_File.exe process is used. If Email Import was configured, then the MC_Email.exe or MC_EWS.exe processes may be used.
2. You can check the Program Files (x86)\Kofax\KIC-ED\MC\bin folder for the files that have the "MC_<NAME>.exe" naming format for other processes.
3. These processes are spawned based on the type of import connectors that are configured and there is not a way configure them directly.