The purpose of this article is to quickly provide hints, error corrections and known issues for KCS 9.1. This article will be updated regularly with important hints for the KCS 9.1 release.
Please note that not all COD, FR or RA documents will be mentioned here. To get a full overview please check the "KCS 9.1x Hotfixes" on our FTP server.
KCS 9.1 was released 25th February 2011.
The Server Package (TCSP) was merged with the Link Package (TCLP).
This package has the name KCS.
The Client Package (TCCP) got the new name KCSClients.
- KCS 9.1 Patch RA 0181
This patch solves the problem with the new Flash firmware in the LS1V2 with serial numbers #4300 or higher described in
SPR00072152 Could not change IP address on LS1V2
SPR00072211 log files not saved in LS1 flash
- Updating the system image of your LS1v2 to the latest version included in KCS 9.1 can lead to the effect that you're no longer able to change any settings on your LS1v2 via the RLA or the front display. For more information see knowledge base article: "Not able to change LS1v2 settings after system image update."
- KCS 9.1 patch COD Hotfix 0713
This patch solved the problem where installing KCSclients on a clean Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 x64 machine can lead to errors.
The problem is described in SPR00072590.
Solution / workaround is provided in knowledge base article: "TCfW throws error when starting."
- KCS 9.1 patch COD Hotfix 1137
Multiple issues have been discovered with the Kofax Capture Connector and Capture 10. The following SPRs were fixed with COD1137: SPR00091475, SPR00091516. 2 related SPRs on Capture side are still open and will be fixed in the near future. Workarounds exist for all issues.
List of related SPRs (COD1137)
- SPR00091475 (fixed) - Capture Connector not installable on Capture 10.
- SPR00091515 - Update from Capture 9 + KCC to Capture 10 disables the KCC menu option on localised systems.
- SPR00091516 (fixed) - KCC not installable on x64 system if "Common Appdata" registry key is missing.
- SPR00091518 - VRS (installed with KC10) deletes the value of registry key "Common Appdata.
- Easy Config / Install only works on English Operating systems. The following error has been created: SPR00072174.
- Starting the KCS configuration (Merlin component) does work only in rare cases after update to Internet Explorer 9. The problem is described in SPR00072504 & SPR00072505.
Solution / workaround is provided in knowledge base article: "Starting the KCS configuration (Merlin component) does work only in rare cases after update to Internet Explorer 9"
- KCS 9.1
Keywords: Hint, problem, KCS, TCSP, TCLP, TCCP