On this occasion the technician, who installed and tested the KCS system for a new customer, wanted to get rid of all confirmed test messages without losing any users, settings or licenses.
To accomplish this you can delete only the short-term archive.
In this way all confirmed messages are deleted, but no other files are lost.
To delete the short-term archive you will need to delete the AARCHIVFILE0 with the TCDEL tool. This tool can be found in the 'C:\TCOSS\SYSTEM' folder.
- Stop TCOSS via the 'Kofax Communication Server Monitor'
- Open an command prompt with administrative rights
- Browse to: 'C:\TCOSS\SYSTEM'
- Enter: "tcdel +MAILSYS/AARCHIVFILE0" (the last character is a zero)
- After a couple of seconds a message will be thrown back reporting that 1 file has been deleted.
- Start TCOSS again.
During the start, TCOSS will create a new AARCHIVFILE0 file.
Note: Deleting this file will cause a short-term archive lost state in TC/Archive and TC/Report which must be handled.
- KCS - All supported.
Keywords: delete messages, shortterm, short-term, short term, Confirmed, archive