How to change the Windows system language in a KCS Server to one different from English
Changes on Windows
Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options and set it up for the new language (applies for TCOSS Server, LINK Server and TCfW Client machine)
- Make sure that the “Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages” checkbox is checked (This will require a Windows restart)
- Set the ‘Language for non-Unicode programs’ to the required language (tab Advanced) and ‘Regional Options’ and Location settings to the matching country.
- Make sure, that the 'Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile” checkbox is marked.
- This change will require a Windows restart.
Changes on TCOSS Server
Within WConfig, configure following:
- Sysconf line 10, pos 3+4: TCOSS Codepage (e.g. = 04 e8, for Arabic)
- All Fax channels, config line 3, pos 2: rendering enabled, value: FC1, (This should be enabled per default)
Transfer config and restart TCOSS.
Changes on the LINK Server
Edit the system registry and set following:
- ..\TCLINKMX\General\PCCodePage: PC Codepage (e.g. 1256 (dec) for Arabic)
- ..\TCLINKMX\TOPCALL\Codepage: TCOSS Codepage (0 o 1)
- Restart the affected Links
Changes on Client machine
Within TCfW Client:
- Admin -> Common Preferences
- (Tab) Messaging Server: setup an ‘Additional Codepage'
- (Tab) Workstation: change the ‘PC Code Page’
This will generate a new registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOPCALL\CodePages\nnn\Font where nnn is the code page number.
- Edit the cover and change the font on the text block with the selected one (This will also provide the required codepage information to the text field)
The font to be used by TCOSS for rendering can also be changed by creating a new reg-entry as follows (STRING type):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOPCALL\CodePages\nnn\Font where nnn is the code page number (this is the same as for TCfW).
Last actions to perform:
- Create a new user with all rights and with an active TOPCALL address.
- Restart TCfW and log in with that user
- Create a new message and change the text font of the text field.
- Restart TCfW.
- Open an Internet Explorer window and copy-paste the content of an Arabic webpage into a new message in TCfW and send it to the TOPCALL address of the user.
Now it’s possible to open, preview or fax this message.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communication Server||9.x, 10.x|
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3035031