As a Kofax Communication Server System administrator I would like to get a list of all Events (In events, Delivery Notification events,...) defined for KCS users in a Comma separated format. Using the ASCII Backup method (KCS TCFW client, menu option - Admin - Server - Backup/Restore) gives me the list of users, but the format cannot be easily
Unfortunately this request is not possible with built in tools. But the attached TFC script UserEvents.vbs full fills this requirement.
Steps to use this tool
- Copy the attached UserEvents.vbs to a machine where the KCS TCFW Communication Server Client is installed
The Script uses the VBScript scripting host (32-bit version, available on all machines), TFC.DLL with depended modules (TCSI32.DLL, TCLIB32.DLL,..) and the KCS Client Login control (TCLogin.ocx). It requires a KCS TCFW License to login into KCS
- Start the script by double-clicking the UserEvents.vbs file in Windows Explorer
On a 64-bit operating system the script will automatically start the script with the 32-bit scripting host. This is necessary because also TFC.DLL is only available as 32-bit DLL
- A popup dialog opens asking for the filename, where the export should be saved, default value is UserEvents.csv located in the same folder from where the VBS script was started. But you can also specify a full path to a file name, e.g. C:\Temp\MyEventsExport.txt
- Afterwards you see the standard KCS TCFW Login dialog. If multiple KCS servers are configured select the corresponding KCS Server from the dropdown list.
- Login with an administrative KCS user (e.g. TCTECH), who has the rights to read the System user profiles and the System address book
- After clicking OK, the export starts, once the export is finished you get a confirmation box, e.g.129 Events from total 159 User(s) exported to 'UserEvents.csv'
- Once the export is finished, you can load the generated file e.g. into Microsoft Excel, where you can apply filters, e.g. for specific Event types or for specific user groups, etc. and do in this way further processing.
The generated KCS Event export file contains one line for each event and each line contains the following columns:
- UserID: The userID of the user for whom the event was defined
- Fullname: The full name of the user, for whom the event was defined
- Group: The group of the user, for whom the event was defined
- Active: Defines whether the event is currently enabled (Yes) or disabled (No)
- EventType: The type of event, possible values are:
- Job Start
- Job End
- Inbound Release
- Outbound Release
- Message Wait On
- Message Wait Off
- Service: The KCS Service name, which is used for this event
- Number: The address, which is used for this event
The export will contain only the number of the send order, if you use e.g. a FAX recipient with an answerback or a TOPCALL recipient with a specific node, answerback and node are not part of the export
- ArchiveEntry: defines whether an entry in the KCS Shortterm Archive should be generated, once the event is executed, possible values are
- Autoterminiation: defines, whether the Autoterminate flag is set for this event, valid for in-events only. It defines whether the original inbound send order should be terminated in the inbox, once the event is completed. Possible values are Yes and No
- Registered: defines whether the Registered message flag was defined for this event, "Registered" means, that the event will request a read notification from the mail system where it is addressed to, typically only mail systems like Microsoft Exchange. Possible values are Yes and No
- DeliveryType: This is an event filter for the delivery type of the original recipient, typically no filter is applied (All), possible values are:
- SenderService: You can define that an event only becomes active, if the originator service is a specific KCS service.
Typically no filter is specified (All), otherwise you see the KCS service name
- ReceptionErrorFilter: You can define that an in-event is only triggered, if the inbound message has a reception error, e.g. XY. Possible values are:
- (All) = no filter, without reception error
- with reception error
- the 2-character Error code (e.g. XY) of a specific reception error
- Termination: this is the internal numeric value for the termination settings of the event send order.
The termination settings define, e.g. if an archive entry should be generated or not, so the columns ArchiveEntry and Registered are calculated out of this termination setting.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communication Server||10.0 or higher||Tested with KCS 10.0.1|